PCI - It's Not Quite Everywhere It Should Be
PCI, the payment cards' industry standard for data security, is a great idea, but it's proving to be pretty difficult for merchants to implement. As of July 30, only 40% of Level 1 merchants have been validated as compliant; this leaves 60% of the largest merchants at risk of missing their compliance deadlines.
It is estimated that over $200 billion in consumer and business credit card transactions made during the year will not meet PCI standards. That's more than double the cost of the International Space Station! And, it's worse outside of the US. More than half of UK businesses do not have processes in place to manage security issues and in Thailand there is almost a total lack of awareness.
Non-compliance with PCI has significant risks. Not only could merchants lose their rights to accept credit cards, but privacy breaches in the US can cost up to $300 per record, not to mention the damage to brand and customer confidence. Additional legislation is being proposed to make merchants responsible for all costs incurred by the cardholders.
This webinar will introduce technologies that help merchants meet and exceed PCI security standards for several critical technologies. If you are responsible for PCI security measures, you need to hear about these innovative solutions. After all, if you don't control the data that's entrusted to you...someone else certainly will!